-   -   Strange Result using custom number format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64198-strange-result-using-custom-number-format.html)

sfrancoe2

Strange Result using custom number format

I am trying to apply a custom number format that returns the following
results..

If the number is less than -1 it is formatted as (?#)
If the number is greather than +1 is is formatted as +?#
If it is between -1 and 1 the result is text saying "Unchanged"

But when I apply the following custom format-- [1]+?#;[<-1] (?#); "Unch"

I get a strange result for numbers between -1 and 1. I get -Unch. I can't
figure out why it puts the - in front of the text.

Thanks