Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mcrae

Default Wanting to know if this is possible

here is what i want to write in cell B5:
=IF(F61)THEN(COLORCELL(GREEN))ELSE(COLORCELL(RED) )

just to explain my situation a bit more, so perhaps someone has a
better way if what i want to do isnt possible... i bus in a restaurant,
and am creating a spreadsheet logging my income.

i have my total tips in B6, and my total salary in D6. I want to write
the ratio of tips to salary, and salary to tips, and i want whichever
one is the higher ratio to be green, while the other is red.

what i did was write
E6 'tips are'
E7 =(B6/D6)
E8 'x salary'
E9 'salary is'
E10 =(D6/B6)
E11 'x tips'

and i put conditional formatting on e7 and e10 in order to color them,
i just dont know how to color the cells with the text in it

Appreciate your help!

--
mcrae
mcrae's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30252

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Select B5 and pull-down:
Format Conditional Formatting
select formula is and enter:
=$F$61
--
Gary's Student

"mcrae" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mcrae

thankyou!!

--
mcrae
mcrae's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30252
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499240

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mcrae

i put a date in the format 'mmm/dd' in a2, where mmm is the first three
letters of the month, and put different numbers in b2, c2, e2, and
nothing in d2.

I want to somehow make excel search column A and find the closest match
to the value in a2. when it finds this cell, it will copy+paste the
values(in order, including cells with no values, so that the values are
still in the same column) in row two into the given row

I doubt it is even possible, but if anyone can give me
suggestions/tidbits of info, i'd be grateful