-   -   Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63714-can-i-save-excel-spread-sheet-html-text.html)

Joe Miller

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
for a web page.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900

Gary''s Student

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text

Yes:

File Save As...

and specify html
--
Gary''s Student

"Joe Miller" wrote:

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
for a web page.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499012

Joe Miller

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text

Dear Student of Gary,

I have tried 'filesave as' and it doesn't work for me - it seems to
want to interact with an existing web page.
I get no error messages, it just doesn't do anything.

Have you every saved as just a text file containing html script ?
If so I will appreciate the details of doing it.

Thanks