-   -   Pivot Table formatting in office 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63638-pivot-table-formatting-office-2003-a.html)

Douglas O''Neill

Pivot Table formatting in office 2003

I have a pivot table that uses data from a list that is formatted as a number
with two decimal places. I formatted the field in the pivot table with the
same format. However, when I do a refresh, it will lose the formatting and
apply about 10 decimal places instead. Any ideas?

Monica Hall

Pivot Table formatting in office 2003

On the PivotTable options do you have Preserve Formatting checked?

"Douglas O''Neill" wrote:

I have a pivot table that uses data from a list that is formatted as a number
with two decimal places. I formatted the field in the pivot table with the
same format. However, when I do a refresh, it will lose the formatting and
apply about 10 decimal places instead. Any ideas?

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table formatting in office 2003

Right-click on a cell that you want to format, and choose Field Settings
Click the Number button
Set the formatting, then click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List