-   -   Display of Date in Linked Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63388-display-date-linked-cell.html)

Nuts

Display of Date in Linked Cell

I have a spreadsheet I'm using as a summary of other sheets in the same book.
I have linked cells formatted for dates. Even though there are no dates yet
in the cells of the other sheets, the summary sheet shows 1/1/1900. Is there
any way to set it up to show a date only when there is one in the linked cell?
--
Thanks

paul

Display of Date in Linked Cell

your receiving cell doesnt have to be formatted as date,but it will show 0 if
there is no date in the sending cell.Try =if(<sending cell="","",<sending
cell) in your receiving cell
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Nuts" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I'm using as a summary of other sheets in the same book.
I have linked cells formatted for dates. Even though there are no dates yet
in the cells of the other sheets, the summary sheet shows 1/1/1900. Is there
any way to set it up to show a date only when there is one in the linked cell?
--
Thanks

Nuts

Display of Date in Linked Cell

Thanks, Paul

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble inserting the formula you sent. Does
anything go between the quotation marks?
Nan
--
Thanks

"Nuts" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I'm using as a summary of other sheets in the same book.
I have linked cells formatted for dates. Even though there are no dates yet
in the cells of the other sheets, the summary sheet shows 1/1/1900. Is there
any way to set it up to show a date only when there is one in the linked cell?
--
Thanks

Nuts

Display of Date in Linked Cell

Hi, again, Paul
Disregard my last post; I figured it out, and it works great! Thanks!
Nan

--
Thanks