-   -   copy text to specific cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63262-copy-text-specific-cell.html)

Tattyfur

copy text to specific cell

In one cell I have a String And in another cell I have a reference to a cell.
How do I put the String into the referenced cell?

Dave Peterson

copy text to specific cell

A Formula will return a value to the cell that holds the formula.

You'd need some VBA to do what you want.

dim myStrCell as range
dim myAddrCell as range

with activesheet
set mystrcell = .range("a1")
set myaddrcell = .range("b9")
.range(myaddrcell.value).value = mystrcell.value
end with

---
This has no validation at all!

--