-   -   Conditional formatting - Blink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63239-conditional-formatting-blink.html)

Sivassou

Conditional formatting - Blink

Hi,

I need to know the blinking a value or cell is avail in Excel.

For example, if the value is 100, the value should blink.

Can anyone help?

Thx in adv.

-Sivassou.

swatsp0p

Conditional formatting - Blink

Blinking is possible with VBA, but not with conditional formatting.
However, most users will agree that blinking is very annoying, and that
simply changing the background color to red (or similar) is just as
affective without the eye strain of a blinking cell.

Try the conditional formatting route and see if meets your needs.

Good luck.

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498252

Sivassou

Conditional formatting - Blink

Thx Bruce....I got in Conditional formatting.

However, my customer requirement is 'to blink...'

By the way, Can I have a VBA code and how to do that.

Plz.

-Sivassou.

"swatsp0p" wrote:

Blinking is possible with VBA, but not with conditional formatting.
However, most users will agree that blinking is very annoying, and that
simply changing the background color to red (or similar) is just as
affective without the eye strain of a blinking cell.

Try the conditional formatting route and see if meets your needs.

Good luck.

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498252

Peo Sjoblom

Conditional formatting - Blink

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"swatsp0p" wrote:

Blinking is possible with VBA, but not with conditional formatting.
However, most users will agree that blinking is very annoying, and that
simply changing the background color to red (or similar) is just as
affective without the eye strain of a blinking cell.

Try the conditional formatting route and see if meets your needs.

Good luck.

Bruce

--
swatsp0p