-   -   excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63027-excel.html)

lelykg

excel

Why does my file go blank when saved as a .dbf

Dave Peterson

excel

In my simple testing in xl2003, my file didn't go blank.

You may want to post more details on what you did--and what version of excel
you're using.

(and what version of .dbf, too.)

--

Dave Peterson

lelykg

excel

My version of excel is 2002 on xp pro
The files contents always disappear without having to open the dbf with
visual foxpro 9.0
I would open the file saved as a .dbf in excel after saving and it would be
blank in excel

lelykg wrote:

Why does my file go blank when saved as a .dbf

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

excel

I don't use .dbf very often...

But excel uses a range named DataBase when it saves to the .dbf file.

Make sure your range named DataBase includes everything you want to keep.

You may want to delete that name (insert|name|define dialog) and reapply it to
your real data.

lelykg wrote:

Why does my file go blank when saved as a .dbf

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson