-   -   Sorting Data & Updating Automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63023-sorting-data-updating-automatically.html)

sabunabu

Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

I have a list of names with corresponding numbers (sales data) and I am
wondering if there is a way that when I change the numbers, the list
sorts automatically and updates itself and ranks from highest to
lowest. I know how to do it manually but is there a way to sort
automatically?

TIA.

--
sabunabu
sabunabu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29395

sabunabu

Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

So is this not possible?

--
sabunabu
sabunabu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29395
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497921

Ltat42a

sabunabu Wrote:
I have a list of names with corresponding numbers (sales data) and I am
wondering if there is a way that when I change the numbers, the list
sorts automatically and updates itself and ranks from highest to
lowest. I know how to do it manually but is there a way to sort
automatically?

TIA.

I haven't figured this out either. I did make a small button in a
picture editing program, typed a label on it (sort). I created a macro
that would sort the data, inserted the button I made, then assigned the
macro to it. I just click the button and everything sorts.

JF

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497921

sabunabu

Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

Thanks. That does help.

How did you assing the macro though?

--

sabunabu Wrote:
Thanks. That does help.

How did you assing the macro though?

I first created the macro. On your worksheet, select the cell you want
your button to appear. Click on insert, picture, from file, select the
button image. Once your button is there, *RIGHT* mouse click on the
button, select "Assign Macro".

JF

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497921

Dave Peterson

Sorting Data & Updating Automatically

Sorting automatically when I'm doing data entry would drive me nuts. If I
mistype something, I may not be able to find it!

How about an alternative:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html
From Debra Dalgleish's site.