-   -   Filename import (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63005-filename-import.html)

CiceroCF

Filename import

I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel
Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the file
names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do this,
is there any office program that will work?
thanks for your help
Carl

Jed

Filename import

Hi Carl
There is a Excel spreadsheet called FileLister.xls which i use for the very
purpose you are seeking to do. If you wish i can email it to you.
Regards
Jed

"CiceroCF" wrote in message
I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel
Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the

file
names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do

this,
is there any office program that will work?
thanks for your help
Carl

Jim Cone

Filename import

C,

The free Excel add-in "List Files" may do what you want...

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"CiceroCF"
wrote in message

I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel
Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the file
names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do this,
is there any office program that will work?
thanks for your help
Carl

CiceroCF

Filename import

Thanks, i did a search for it on the web and found it.
Appreciate your help
Carl

"CiceroCF" wrote in message
I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel
Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the

file
names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do

this,
is there any office program that will work?
thanks for your help
Carl

CiceroCF

Filename import