-   -   Change event? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62953-change-event.html)

Mike Rogers

Change event?

I have the following code in "This woorkbook"

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
Application.CommandBars("Standard").Enabled = False
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Enabled = False
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = False
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = False
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
Application.CommandBars("Standard").Enabled = True
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Enabled = True
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
End Sub

If the user closes, via the X in the upper right corner, the formula bar and
the status bar pops back on the worksheet and stays there if they "cancel".
Is it possible to have a change event added to the code to change them back
to "False" when any cell is activated. All I need is for them to not be
visible long enough to take advantage of them.

Thanks

Mike Rogers

Dave Peterson

Change event?

Maybe using the workbook_Activate and Workbook_deactivate would be sufficient.

--

Dave Peterson

Mike Rogers

Change event?

Dave

Thanks for the direction...that works great. The formula tool bar still
pops back on the worksheet but only when you select the save "yes" or save
"no" option. And by then it is closing either saving or not, which ever was
selected. Thanks for all your help!!! It is really appreciated.

Mike Rogers