-   -   Shade cell according to text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62857-shade-cell-according-text.html)

Ltat42a

Shade cell according to text?

Using Excel XP -
I have some cells formatted as text. The shading is white, text black.
I also have these set with conditional formatting (3). If I enter
certain text, it is set to shade a certain cell color and text color.

If I remove all the text from the cell, is there a way to shade the
cell red, or am I limited to the 3 conditonal formats??

Here's what I'm looking for -
Cell is:
Red= cell with no text
White/Black= "Text"
Blue/White= "AL"
Green/White= "SL"
Orange/Black= "ST"

I'm looking to set this up with over 300 different cells, and I may
have more text options that would be entered other than listed above.

Thanx.

JF

--
Ltat42a