-   -   Return an empty cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62828-return-empty-cell.html)

Mike D.

Return an empty cell

The following formula will return an empty value if the condition is true:

=IF(SUM(C3:E3)=0,"",(C3+D3)/SUM(C3:E3))

My problem is that when I go to chart the data, the chart treats this entry
as zero. I have the options set to leave gaps for empty cells, but it still
treats this entry as zero instead of empty.

Is there a way I can have my formula truly return an empty cell so it will
not be plotted?

Thank,s
Mike.

Dave Peterson

Return an empty cell

You could try:
=IF(SUM(C3:E3)=0,na(),(C3+D3)/SUM(C3:E3))

Then use conditional formatting to hide that error (so it's prettier).

--

Dave Peterson

Mike D.

Return an empty cell