-   -   Dynamic Links Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62820-dynamic-links-excel-2003-a.html)

ARW

Dynamic Links Excel 2003

Good afternoon. I use an excel 2000 file that has dyanmic links in it used
for stock quotes. I save that file onto a disk and move it to another
computer that also has Excel 2000, but no internet connection to receive the
dynamic information. Upon opening it asks me if I want to update the links,
I say no and it lists the static value at the point of save from the original
computer. I upgraded computer #2 to excel 2003 and even though I say I do
not want the links updated, it will now NOT open with the last static value
saved from computer #1. I know have to do the copy and paste special
gyration to get it to open with the static values. Is there a way to have it
open the file like it did in Excel 2000 with the last known value and not
have to go through the paste special routine? Please advise.

Thank you.

Dave Peterson

Dynamic Links Excel 2003

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work for you.

--