-   -   remove small list from large list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62812-remove-small-list-large-list.html)

Howie J.

remove small list from large list

I have two mail lists on excel. The first has 16,000 names, the second has
about 6,000. I need to remove the 6,000 from the 16,000 as they all appear
in the big list as well. How do I extract those 6,000 entries from the larger
list? My expected result is a mailing list with 10,000 names.

Dave Peterson

remove small list from large list

Chip Pearson has some techniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Howie J.

remove small list from large list

Thanks Dave, it was a bit over my head but I finally figured it out.