-   -   Summarizing data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/628-summarizing-data.html)

Gary Fuller

Summarizing data

I have one worksheet with information within every 40th cell down that I want
to summarize on another sheet. The auto fill in wants to make each cell on
the summary sheet increment by one, how can I make it increment by the number
of cells I need, e.g. =A1, =A41, =A81, etc.?
Thank you,
Gary

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Say you wanted your summary to start in cell B2:

B2: =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROW()-ROW($B$2))*40+1)