-   -   good old Excel 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62723-good-old-excel-97-a.html)

JP in VA

good old Excel 97

I am still using an old version of Excel--from 2 computers ago. On my last
computer, I was able to install this and it ran fine on Windows 98 SE. Now,
my Windows 98 laptop is on it's last legs. So, I just ordered a new laptop
and it comes with Windows XP Home. Will I be able to use Excel 97 on this
new computter with no problem? I really hate to invest in the Professional
Package ($200 plus) since I only use Excel for stuff like shopping lists,
credit card charge summaries, etc. It is so nice to have this since it also
syncs to my PDA. If anyone is familiar with this, I would also like to use
an old PowerPoint and Access software as well.
--
JP in VA

Bernard Liengme

good old Excel 97

I run Xl 97 (and later versions) under Windows XP
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme