-   -   I'm creating a simple spread sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62712-im-creating-simple-spread-sheet.html)

Jan in Excel

I'm creating a simple spread sheet

I'm creating a simple spread sheet in Excel. I want to, throughout the
sheet, subtract Coumn C from Column B and have the result shown in Column D
without placing the formula in each cell for each entry... HELP!

Don Guillett

I'm creating a simple spread sheet

In you mean "type the formula" in each cell, you can use the fill handle by
grabbing the lower right corner of the cell and dragging down.

If you mean you don't want a formula unless there is data to calculate, you
need a macro.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jan in Excel" <Jan in
wrote in message
I'm creating a simple spread sheet in Excel. I want to, throughout the
sheet, subtract Coumn C from Column B and have the result shown in Column
without placing the formula in each cell for each entry... HELP!

Sudhir

I'm creating a simple spread sheet

Hi Jan,
You don't have to key in formulas in each cell. Just select the row
including the top cell in which you have place the formula, and click "Cntrl
+ D"
Voila!!
--
Sudhir