-   -   Hyperlink Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62597-hyperlink-question.html)

nastech

Hyperlink Question

Hyperlinks such as: =HYPERLINK(

=HYPERLINK($A$1&B2,"3") works, but don't know how to fix:

=HYPERLINK("webaddress.com="&$A$1,"3") does not.

It goes to the web page, but tries to use: $A$1 as final symbol (not what
is in cell A1, which is desired)

How do I make the 2nd example work? Thanks

Leith Ross

Hyperlink Question

Hello Nastech,

I suspect a typographical error is causing your problem. Recheck the
placement of the double quotes.

SIncerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

nastech

Hyperlink Question

Thanks, got it. used your idea to check more. Familiar enough to know
should have worked, and had couple problems induced. I should have given a
full example.
something to laugh at anyways:

some =hyperlinks also had a previous link embedded (as in right-click, edit
type was present, ha)

other: links supplied address for was excluding prefix of "www." ouch
couldn't see that till first problem resolved... thanks