-   -   Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62450-finding-latest-date-several-dates-different-columns.html)

sdupont

Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns

Can someone help me with a formula? I'd like to create a new column into
which I can put a formula that looks at dates in 3 other columns and puts the
most recent date from the 3 into the new column? Thanks!
--
sdupont

Roger Govier

Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Columns

Hi

Dates are stored by Excel as serial numbers, therefore the latest date will
be the highest number
Try
=MAX(A1:C1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"sdupont" wrote in message
Can someone help me with a formula? I'd like to create a new column into
which I can put a formula that looks at dates in 3 other columns and puts
the
most recent date from the 3 into the new column? Thanks!
--
sdupont

sdupont

Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

Roger,
It did not work. I tried the formula looking at 3 columns: =MAX(N2:AP2:AR2)
and got a circular ref. Tried it with just 2 columns =MAX(N2:AP2) and the
end result was 1/0/1900.

Any other suggestions or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

--
sdupont

"sdupont" wrote in message
Can someone help me with a formula? I'd like to create a new column into
which I can put a formula that looks at dates in 3 other columns and puts
the
most recent date from the 3 into the new column? Thanks!
--
sdupont

Pete

Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

Roger's suggested formula covered the range from A1 to C1, but as you
have three non-adjacent columns you must separate them by a comma and
not a colon. Try this:

=MAX(N2,AP2,AR2)

Pete

sdupont

Finding the Latest Date from Several Dates in Different Column

IT Worked! Thank you Pete. This is my first time using this forum and I
appreciate the help.
--
sdupont