-   -   For Hector Miguel - Inserting page numbers in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62434-hector-miguel-inserting-page-numbers-cell.html)

mato nanjin

For Hector Miguel - Inserting page numbers in cell

"if you really need a code for that, I have one in a ~100 long-lines macro
let me know where to send it to you."

Hector:

Back in November you posted the message below about code for putting page
numbers in printout in a cell. If you could post that 100 lines of code here
that would be really helpful. I desperately need to do this. Or send to me
at:

Thanks

hi, Laljeet !

I will like to display in a cell at almost the top of the page, the page number.
E.g. Page 1 of 5 next Page 2 of 5... in a five page document. How do i do this? I have Excel 2003.

IMHO, 'this'... is not that simple :-(
AFIAK, each 'cell at almost the top of the page' changes according to page
setup print/printer settings
- it needs to 'scan' for row/column pagebreask, print area, print title
rows/columns, print order, quality, zoom, etc.
- also, is if you 'write' on cells 'page # of ##' by code, scan for previous
'wrong-page-numbered' cells

if you only need 5 page-numbered cells, I guess an easy way could it be:
- do a printpreview
- locate those 'cell at almost the top of the page', and number them [you
know the print order]

if you really need a code for that, I have one in a ~100 long-lines macro
let me know where to send it to you.

hth,
hector.