-   -   Assigning VB to Grouped Objects (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62330-assigning-vbulletin-grouped-objects.html)

Spinner

Assigning VB to Grouped Objects

I am operating Excel 2003 and use grouped objects as in-sheet controls (i.e.
the objects are assigned to VB procedures).

The general methodology works fine, except with Excel 2003 I cannot check
what macro is assigned to the control. By default, all grouped objects
default to an event macro assignment of €ś<group name_click€ť. If you assign
the group a macro, the one you assign is connected to the object and runs
when you click it. But, if you want to check the assignment (i.e. right click
assign macro) it shows the default event macro and not the one you have

assigned€¦!

For reference:
1. I am not using the standard command buttons as these do not have the
flexibility in formatting I require.
2. Ungrouped objects do not exhibit this symptom.
3. In the previous version of Excel, once you assign a macro to an object
(grouped or single) Excel correctly shows the macro you assigned.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem€¦?