-   -   Text Wrapping Cells that are part of a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62261-text-wrapping-cells-part-formula.html)

Dahlman

Text Wrapping Cells that are part of a formula

In one sheet of my workbook i am entering in some data. The cells in the
sheet that I enter data in wrap the text perfectly. But I have another sheet
in my workbook that uses a Vlookup to search for certain information from my
original sheet where I enter my data. However I cannot seem to get the sheet
with the VLookup to wrap the text automatically. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Travis

David McRitchie

Text Wrapping Cells that are part of a formula

Since you are using the word, I will assume you are properly using
Format, cells, align, wrap cells
and the cells are not being blocked by the next cell which would
happen if the cells were not wrapped.

Cells will not adjust their height automatically if any of the following.
-- you manually adjusted the height of the row
-- there are merged cells in the row
Try adjusting the height of the row manually if you are missing the
beginning or the ending of a cell .

Some fields will get ##### in them if there are errors or not wide
enough. See Help if that is the problem.

All of the things I mentioned have distinctive things that are wrong, that
would be noticeable. So when you ask a question try to keep in mind
that the first question in a conversation that might be asked might be
"What does it do instead of working". In a newsgroups it kind of
forces us to make several guesses at what you actually see.

-
HTH,