-   -   (array?) formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62233-array-formula.html)

Jack Sons

(array?) formula

Hi all,

In col E I have dates or text or nothing, in col G is ABC or RST or dates or
text or nothing. and in col H numbers or something else.

I need the (array?) formula that gives me the number in col H for which in
col G is ABC or RST and in col E is the most recent date.

Thanks in advance for your help and my best wishes for a goor 2006.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

Bob Phillips

(array?) formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E2:E200=MAX(E2:E200)),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(G2:G200,{"ABC","RST"}
,0))),H2:H200)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jack Sons" wrote in message
Hi all,

In col E I have dates or text or nothing, in col G is ABC or RST or dates

or
text or nothing. and in col H numbers or something else.

I need the (array?) formula that gives me the number in col H for which in
col G is ABC or RST and in col E is the most recent date.

Thanks in advance for your help and my best wishes for a goor 2006.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

Jack Sons

(array?) formula

Bob,

Thank you for your answer.

If the G-cell corresponding with the E-cell with the most recent date is
anything else than ABC or RST the reult is zero.

In the example below I should get 150 of cell H8 but I get zero. If cell G3
is ABC or RST I get 1760 What's wrong?

Jack.
col E col G col H

19-11-2002 RST 145