-   -   How do I sort a column of formulas in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/622-how-do-i-sort-column-formulas-excel.html)

Gordon

How do I sort a column of formulas in Excel?

I have a column of dates that I produced by putting in the first date. Then
the next and following were simply a formula =SUM(A4+7) and so on for five
years of Sundays. I wanted to have two for each sunday I could have them
sorted by AM or PM so I duplicated the list and put AM in the next column
beside the first 5 years of Sundays and PM beside the next five years.
I then sorted with column A (dates) descending and column B (AM/PM)
descending.
I expected to get 01/01/2000 AM and then 01/01/2000 PM under each other and
so on but the formulated column would not sort. I tried a sample of five
dates manually and they sorted fine but not when the dates are produced by a
formula. I do not want to have to type in five years of dates as that is the
reason we have formulas. How do I sort the formulated column???????