-   -   How do I set which columns are displayed in File:Open? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62171-how-do-i-set-columns-displayed-file-open.html)

CindyJK

How do I set which columns are displayed in File:Open?

In Excel or Word, when I click the "Open" icon to open a file, the columns of
properties that are displayed (filename, size, date etc.) are NOT the ones I
want. Both programs show columns as if the files were MUSIC files: I get
filename, size and type, but then Artist, Album Title, Year, Track Number,
and Duration. I know I can right-click the headings and uncheck the ones I
don't want and check the ones I do, but I have to do this EVERY TIME I launch
the two programs. How can I set the defaults that I want so the right
columns are displayed when I launch the program?
Thank much.