-   -   date validation MAYBE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62155-date-validation-maybe.html)

Julian Campbell

date validation MAYBE

Hello all

Is there a way to do the following

I will have two columns A = Kill Date B = Use by date - I would like to set
the cell in which the use by date is entered to change colour (Have tried to
use conditional format but failed) So for intance

KILL DATE 1/1/06

USE BY DATE 15/1/06

FOR DATES 1 TO 5 CELL COLOUR GREEN

DATES 5 TO 10 CELL COLOUR AMBER

DATES 10 TO 15 CELL COLOUR RED

I want to use this as an alert to correct use of raw meat within my
workplace

Any help would be good

Thanks

Julian

Trevor Shuttleworth

date validation MAYBE

Julian

Something like:

Condition 1: Formula is: =$B2<=$A2+5 format interior to green
Condition 2: Formula is: =$B2<=$A2+10 format interior to amber
Condition 3: Formula is: =$B2$A2+10 format interior to red

Regards

Trevor