-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/62074-conditional-formatting.html)

mattguerilla

Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I want to be able to specify the colour of a cell depending on the
information in a different cell. Ie if the result is 7 or above the other
cell will be yellow, but if the result is above 14 the cell will become red.

any ideas?

Matt

bpeltzer

Conditional Formatting

In the cell you want conditionally formatted, Format Conditional
Formatting. Set the condition to read 'Formula is' =$A$17 and set the
condition you want. (Substitute your 'different cell' where I put A1).

"mattguerilla" wrote:

Hi,

I want to be able to specify the colour of a cell depending on the
information in a different cell. Ie if the result is 7 or above the other
cell will be yellow, but if the result is above 14 the cell will become red.

any ideas?

Matt

mattguerilla

Conditional Formatting

I have done this already but the problem comes when the result is higher than
14. It should go red but it stays yellow. ???

Matt

"mattguerilla" wrote:

Hi,

I want to be able to specify the colour of a cell depending on the
information in a different cell. Ie if the result is 7 or above the other
cell will be yellow, but if the result is above 14 the cell will become red.

any ideas?

Matt

bpeltzer

Conditional Formatting

The format gets set by the first condition satisfied. So in your case, make
the test for =14 (the more restrictive test) the first condition and the
test for =7 the second.