-   -   Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61879-automatically-outline-all-email-addresses-given-text-putting-them-red-bold.html)

frenchbox

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold

Hi,

I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraphs
containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time to
manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it is
not rare that I omit some addresses.

Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) in
Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process?

Thanx in advance

--
frenchbox
frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29271

Don Guillett

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold

Modified from the help index for FindNext

Sub findandbold()
With Range("k1:k500")
Set c = .Find("@", LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
firstAddress = c.Address
Do
With c.Font
.ColorIndex = 3
.Bold = True
End With
Set c = .FindNext(c)
Loop While Not c Is Nothing And c.Address < firstAddress
End If
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software