Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dorn

Default I'm stumped, splitting up a clump of text into useable information

Here's the problem:

The products we sell have a product name, each product has one or more
grades of the product (which usually relate to the quality of it) for each
grade we have a package size and a unique number called a "SKU" that
identifies that grade and package size in our system.

I need to take the source code of a page with all of this information and
turn it into an excel sheet with columns titled "product" "grade" "packaging"
"sku" for each of the grades. The format of the html source code throws in
all sorts of characters that I need to get rid of. It also lumps it into one
block text with no line breaks. The below text file shows the format of two
products, the first product has 2 grades and the second product has 3 grades.
How can I use macros, formulas, anything to get the block of text into the
format I want. It would take me years if I go in by hand and remove the
unwanted characters and manually copy and paste them into cells. Please help
I would appreciate it so so so much. Is this even possible (or feasible).
There is no way I can get any other form of the data.
Here is an example of what I have:

http://www.savefile.com/files/7119995

Example of what I need:

http://www.savefile.com/files/9420878

Happy Holidays Everyone, and a huge thank you for all of the people who help
people on this site!