-   -   How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61557-how-do-i-convert-publisher-8-file-into-excel-spreadsheet.html)

neilepat

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?

My supervisor asked me to convert the name, address, etc. data in a Publisher
8 file into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet so I can print addresses on envelopes
in a Word 2003 mail merge.

He made it sound like I should know how to do it. I don't!

Do you know how to do it? You will have my eternal gratitude. Thank you in
advance for your help.

Ian

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?

I don't know publisher so I can't be of specific help.

Just a thought. Can you copy/paste the data?

--
Ian
--
"neilepat" wrote in message
My supervisor asked me to convert the name, address, etc. data in a
Publisher
8 file into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet so I can print addresses on
envelopes
in a Word 2003 mail merge.

He made it sound like I should know how to do it. I don't!

Do you know how to do it? You will have my eternal gratitude. Thank you in
advance for your help.

neilepat

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks for your suggestion, Ian.
I don't have Publisher 8 to open the file. The boss just wants Excel to read
it and save it for mail merging in Word.
Neil

"Ian" wrote:
I don't know publisher so I can't be of specific help.
Just a thought. Can you copy/paste the data?
Ian

Ian

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?

I don't think that's possible. I once tried to extract info from a Publisher
file to Word and had similar problems.

Try asking in microsoft.public.publisher instead. In my case, someone
offered to extract the info to Word for me.

--
Ian