-   -   Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61542-conditional-formatting-entire-row-based-cell-text-entry.html)

Gilles Desjardins

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry

Hi everyone, I would like to use conditional formatting on a table that is 8
columns wide and 50 rows high.

What I would like to do is colour all rows that have an X in column D or E.

This is what I tried The formula is =A1="x"
This colours only the cells where there is an X. What I would like is the
entire row or rows to be coloured.

Thanks for your efforts

Gilles

bpeltzer

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry

Try setting to The formula is =OR($D1="X",$E1="X")
The mixed reference will allow you to copy this to your entire table,
keeping the references fixed to column D or E of the current row.

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote:

Hi everyone, I would like to use conditional formatting on a table that is 8
columns wide and 50 rows high.

What I would like to do is colour all rows that have an X in column D or E.

This is what I tried The formula is =A1="x"
This colours only the cells where there is an X. What I would like is the
entire row or rows to be coloured.

Thanks for your efforts

Gilles

Gilles Desjardins

Conditional formatting of an entire row based on a cell text entry

Thank You, worked like expected.

Gilles