-   -   How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61432-how-transfer-sum-one-spredsheet-another.html)

Therese

How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

I have a list of various food in Sheet!1 A, and the calories are listed in
colomn B in Sheet!1.
I want to have the calories transfered to Sheet!2, so that if i write banana
in Sheet!2 A1, the number of calories from Sheet!1 B3(wich is written next to
"banana" in A3), will appear. And if I then write blueberries instead, I
would like the calorieno. for blueberries, wich again comes from Sheet!1
column B
Is that possible - and if, then how.
Therese

FinRazel

How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

Make sure in Sheet1, you type names in A1 (food) and B1(calories)
In Sheet2, B3, insert this formula:
VLOOKUP(A3,'Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$30,2,FALSE))
--
Anne Murray

"Therese" wrote:

I have a list of various food in Sheet!1 A, and the calories are listed in
colomn B in Sheet!1.
I want to have the calories transfered to Sheet!2, so that if i write banana
in Sheet!2 A1, the number of calories from Sheet!1 B3(wich is written next to
"banana" in A3), will appear. And if I then write blueberries instead, I
would like the calorieno. for blueberries, wich again comes from Sheet!1
column B
Is that possible - and if, then how.
Therese

Therese

How to transfer a sum from one spredsheet to another

Hi Anne
It worked, just amazing! Thanks a lot :-)
--
Therese