-   -   Inserting rows in multiple workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61394-inserting-rows-multiple-workbooks.html)

50pingviner

Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

Hi,

I am working in a workbook that have external references to another
workbook.
If I insert a row in the workbook, which is being linked to, it messes
up the links.

How can I make the workbook with the links automatically generate a row
with links, when a row is generated in the other workbook?

Thx. Lars

--
50pingviner
50pingviner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29298

Bob Umlas

Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

safest way is to have the linking worksheet link to NAMED RANGES, not
addresses.
2nd safest way is to have all related workbooks opened at the same time.
Then, when an insertion is made, the references adjust.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"50pingviner"
wrote in message

I am working in a workbook that have external references to another
workbook.
If I insert a row in the workbook, which is being linked to, it messes
up the links.

How can I make the workbook with the links automatically generate a row
with links, when a row is generated in the other workbook?

Thx. Lars

--
50pingviner
50pingviner's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495173

50pingviner

Inserting rows in multiple workbooks

Thx.. but I would like the other sheet to automatically make a similar
row, so the two sheets match. It should be possible with a macro, but I
cant make it do it.

But thx. for the fast reply.