-   -   Countif multiple criteria within the same column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61339-countif-multiple-criteria-within-same-column.html)

Harley

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

I need to count different model numbers within the same column. The model
numbers might be BLR, GHTR, HYRS,GUIT and so on. I need excel to count the
different model numbers in this column but only if another column = "N" Any
suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

=sumproduct(--(a1:a10="BLR"),--(b1:b10="N"))

change the range, but don't use the whole column.

--

Dave Peterson

Harley

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

I dont' believe I explained this correctly. For example:

Column A Column B
BHTY N
BHRY N
LNTY N
GHRE U
GHRT N
LNUY U
LNJH N
BHHR N
BHHT U
LNTU N
TYRU N
BH GH LN TY
3 1 3 1

I need to break these down into 4 categories. There might be as many as 8
models for one category.
Thanks.

Harley wrote:

I need to count different model numbers within the same column. The model
numbers might be BLR, GHTR, HYRS,GUIT and so on. I need excel to count the
different model numbers in this column but only if another column = "N" Any
suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson

JMB

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

You could set up a third column (Col C) and enter

=IF(B1="N",A1,"")

copy down. then below this new column enter

=SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(C1:C6,C1:C6))

adjust ranges as necessary. I tried to do this in one array formula, but
couldn't quite get it.

"Harley" wrote:

I need to count different model numbers within the same column. The model
numbers might be BLR, GHTR, HYRS,GUIT and so on. I need excel to count the
different model numbers in this column but only if another column = "N" Any
suggestions?

JMB

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

sorry - left off the last half of that formula

=SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(C1:C6,C1:C6))-(--(COUNTIF(C1:C6,"")0))

"Harley" wrote:

I need to count different model numbers within the same column. The model
numbers might be BLR, GHTR, HYRS,GUIT and so on. I need excel to count the
different model numbers in this column but only if another column = "N" Any
suggestions?

Domenic

Countif multiple criteria within the same column

Assuming that A1:B11 contains your data, let D1:G1 contain BH, GH, LN,
and TY, and let C2 contain N, then enter the following formula in D2 and
copy across...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT($A$1:$A$11,2)=D$1),--($B$1:$B$11=$C2))

Hope this helps!