-   -   My Excel 2000 shows 97 worksheets grey-blank - help!? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61289-my-excel-2000-shows-97-worksheets-grey-blank-help.html)

MG-Trophy

My Excel 2000 shows 97 worksheets grey-blank - help!?

Having transferred my Excel 97 spreadsheets from my Desktop (Windows Me) to
Excel 2000 on my Laptop (XP), I cannot read them. They appear on my Laptop
screen with File Name (blue top line), Menu Bar and Tool Bar - but the
workspace is totally greyed out blank. Neither 'Compatibility Wizard' nor
'Save As' in all Excel File Format. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dave Peterson

My Excel 2000 shows 97 worksheets grey-blank - help!?

I'd try:

Window|Arrange|Tiled

Maybe, the window is just off the visible screen???

--

Dave Peterson

exceluserforeman

My Excel 2000 shows 97 worksheets grey-blank - help!?

Check the properties of the file. it maybe Readonly or Hidden. You may have
"burnt" to CD/DVD when you transferred the files.

Please specifiy how you "transferred" your files.