-   -   Copy from row above if cell is empty in column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61206-copy-row-above-if-cell-empty-column.html)

Jacky D.

Copy from row above if cell is empty in column

How can I get a column to test if there is text in a row above when there is
an empty cell, and then copy the text from the row above into the empty cell
automaticlly?
Thanks,
Jacky D.

Dave Peterson

Copy from row above if cell is empty in column

=if(a1="","",a1)
(in A2)

If you're trying to fill a bunch of cells with the value from the above cells,
you may want to take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

She has some manual ways (very quick though) and some code, too.

--

Dave Peterson

Jacky D.

Copy from row above if cell is empty in column

Thank you Dave, the link to the website was exactly what I needed.