-   -   Excel calculation question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61148-excel-calculation-question.html)

Adam Kroger

Excel calculation question

Is there a way to see what calculations are causing excel to slow down?

My workbook is noticably hanging at 7% and agin briefly at 42.

Biff

Excel calculation question

Adam,

I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed by your file!

What you are doing is somewhat complicated to start off with but I think you
are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Look how big the file
is!

There are a lot of things that can be improved but I don't know where to
start!

I'll get back to you tomorrow with some specific suggestions. Most of the
formulas can be greatly reduced in size and "complexity". That's where
you're getting "jammed up" by the calc time. Too many volatile function
calls!

Biff

"Adam Kroger @hotmail.com" <adam_kroger<nospam wrote in message
. ..
Is there a way to see what calculations are causing excel to slow down?

My workbook is noticably hanging at 7% and agin briefly at 42.

Adam Kroger

Excel calculation question

thanks