-   -   Excel Workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61093-excel-workbook.html)

Patty

Excel Workbook?

I need to find out how many sheets will an Excel Workbook hold. I am trying
to creast a master list with employees names for training; however, I have to
create a separate sheet for each employee to track all the training the
employee has taken over the course of the year. Please let me know as soon
as possible, or where I can look on line. Thank you.

Michael

Excel Workbook?

Hi Patty. If I'm not mistaken, each workbook will now hold 255 sheets. In
the new Excel version coming out in 2006, it will be over 1,000.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Patty" wrote:

I need to find out how many sheets will an Excel Workbook hold. I am trying
to creast a master list with employees names for training; however, I have to
create a separate sheet for each employee to track all the training the
employee has taken over the course of the year. Please let me know as soon
as possible, or where I can look on line. Thank you.

CLR

Excel Workbook?

I recommend you build a single Database with all the employees and all their
training on one sheet, instead of individual sheets for each
employee........it will make it a lot easier later to sort and find
things.......I know, it will be a lot of rows, I just did one that is over
12,000 rows long..........but it works like a champ.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Patty" wrote:

I need to find out how many sheets will an Excel Workbook hold. I am trying
to creast a master list with employees names for training; however, I have to
create a separate sheet for each employee to track all the training the
employee has taken over the course of the year. Please let me know as soon
as possible, or where I can look on line. Thank you.

Gord Dibben

Excel Workbook?

Michael/Patty

255 maximum default in a new workbook.

The number of additional worksheets depends upon resources.

No need to go on line to find this info.

Try Excel's Help on "Specifications"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:58:02 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

Hi Patty. If I'm not mistaken, each workbook will now hold 255 sheets. In
the new Excel version coming out in 2006, it will be over 1,000.

Kris

Excel Workbook?

Patty wrote:
I need to find out how many sheets will an Excel Workbook hold. I am trying
to creast a master list with employees names for training; however, I have to
create a separate sheet for each employee to track all the training the
employee has taken over the course of the year. Please let me know as soon
as possible, or where I can look on line. Thank you.

Michael

Excel Workbook?

Thank you, Gord. Merry Christmas
--