-   -   How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61044-how-do-i-copy-all-excel-files-old-computer-new-computer.html)

Rfarsh

How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

How do I copy and save to a floppy to transfer to my new computer?

David McRitchie

How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

Kind of loaded question. I hope you know how to copy a file
from your system to a diskette. Suggest you copy your files
with Excel down. Diskettes don't really hold much data 1.44 MB.
If you have high speed access you might mail them to yourself,
possibly zip an entire directory and mail that to yourself. Once on
your new machine you could create a backup to a CD of everything
you transferred. .

Take a look at
Backup your files, always take backups
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

---
HTH,

"Rfarsh" wrote in message ...
How do I copy and save to a floppy to transfer to my new computer?

Desert Piranha

How do I copy all Excel files from old computer to new computer?

Hi Rfarsh,
In addition to Davids info, a USB Finger Drive (or a CD)
would hold way more data than a floppy disk.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494609