-   -   Date to years (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60968-date-years.html)

Savage

Date to years

Is there anyway of converting a date to the amount of years. I have
employees years started posted and I want to convert to years worked with the
company.

Thanks

Kevin

Chip Pearson

Date to years

Use the DATEDIF command.

=DATEDIF(start_date, TODAY(),"y")

See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm for more info about
DATEDIF.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Savage" wrote in message
Is there anyway of converting a date to the amount of years. I
have
employees years started posted and I want to convert to years
worked with the
company.

Thanks

Kevin

Date to years

Hi

If the date is a recognised Excel date, you can simply deduct the date from
today's date and format the result as yy.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Savage" wrote in message
Is there anyway of converting a date to the amount of years. I have
employees years started posted and I want to convert to years worked with
the
company.

Thanks

Kevin

pinmaster

Date to years

Hi, try this:

=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y") # years

you can also use:

"m" - months
"d" - days
"ym" - year months
"yd" - year days

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Peo Sjoblom

Date to years

If you only have the starting years and want a rough estimate (calendar
years) you can use

=YEAR(TODAY())-A1

where A1 holds the start year

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Savage" wrote in message
Is there anyway of converting a date to the amount of years. I have
employees years started posted and I want to convert to years worked with
the
company.

Thanks

Kevin