-   -   How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60785-how-do-i-insert-new-worksheet-consecutively.html)

lady-pearl

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

On my current Workbook I would like to insert anywhere from 1 - 10 extra
worksheets, but I notice that when I do the "insert worksheet" they are not
always consecutive. I am finding that I have to drag them back to the place
where I want them to appear originally.

Thanks!

Pearl

Carole Drake

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

Lady-Pearl,
When you ask to insert a worksheet, it asks if you want if to be 'in front
of which?"
Look for that button...
Carole

"lady-pearl" wrote:

On my current Workbook I would like to insert anywhere from 1 - 10 extra
worksheets, but I notice that when I do the "insert worksheet" they are not
always consecutive. I am finding that I have to drag them back to the place
where I want them to appear originally.

Thanks!

Pearl

Dave Peterson

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

I think you see that when you move or copy a worksheet--not when you insert.

--

Dave Peterson

Carole Drake

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

Right you are, but I just tried and if you put your pointer on one and click
to insert, the new one always comes just before it, not after. Maybe you
could position it that way.
Carole

"lady-pearl" wrote:

On my current Workbook I would like to insert anywhere from 1 - 10 extra
worksheets, but I notice that when I do the "insert worksheet" they are not
always consecutive. I am finding that I have to drag them back to the place
where I want them to appear originally.

Thanks!

Pearl

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

Even inserting from the Insert|worksheet will insert before the activesheet.

I think if the OP wants more control, a macro would be in order.

"lady-pearl" wrote:

On my current Workbook I would like to insert anywhere from 1 - 10 extra
worksheets, but I notice that when I do the "insert worksheet" they are not
always consecutive. I am finding that I have to drag them back to the place
where I want them to appear originally.

Thanks!

Pearl

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Carole Drake

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

I'm kind of new to macros - how would you go about using one for this?

"lady-pearl" wrote:

On my current Workbook I would like to insert anywhere from 1 - 10 extra
worksheets, but I notice that when I do the "insert worksheet" they are not
always consecutive. I am finding that I have to drag them back to the place
where I want them to appear originally.

Thanks!

Pearl

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How do I insert a new worksheet consecutively?

You could use a macro like this:

Option Explicit
Sub InsertWorksheets()
Dim HowMany As Long
Dim iCtr As Long

HowMany = CLng(Application.InputBox(Prompt:="How many?", Type:=1))

For iCtr = 1 To HowMany
Worksheets.Add after:=ActiveSheet
Next iCtr

Then to run it, you can just:
tools|macro|macros (or alt-F8)
select InsertWorkbooks and click run

The workbook with the macro in it needs to be open.