-   -   Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60517-scroll-bar-screen-tip-excel-2003-discontinued.html)

pennyb

Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued?

I have noticed when using Excel 2003 the right hand scroll bar screen tip
(showing row number) is not available. Word 2003 displays the page number
when scrolling through a document. Earlier versions of Excel show row
numbers in a similar way.

Does anyone know if Excel 2003 has this function and if so, how can I
activate it please?

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim Rech

Scroll bar Screen tip on Excel 2003 discontinued?

The scroll bar row tip was discontinued in Excel 2002. It is no longer
needed because the worksheet scrolls real-time with the scroll bar so you
can see where you are. Previously scrolling didn't take place until the
scrollbar was released.

--
Jim