-   -   Sum a column based on a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60453-sum-column-based-date.html)

karstens

Sum a column based on a date

I have invoice dates in Column A and their dollar amount in column F. I
would like to have another cell say January. And each invoice with a
date in January would be added there to make the Total for all invoices
in January. Is there a formula to do this?

--
karstens
karstens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17657

Bob Phillips

Sum a column based on a date

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A2:A200)=2005),--(MONTH(A2:A200)=1),F2:F200)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"karstens" wrote in
message ...

I have invoice dates in Column A and their dollar amount in column F. I
would like to have another cell say January. And each invoice with a
date in January would be added there to make the Total for all invoices
in January. Is there a formula to do this?

--
karstens
karstens's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493626

karstens

Sum a column based on a date

Thank you Bob! That worked. I really appreciate your help!