-   -   Excel retain data and date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60419-excel-retain-data-date.html)

Robb @ FLW

Excel retain data and date

I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the
day, month, and year how do I get it to piece day, month, and year how to I
get it to do something like this Wedensday, 14 December 2005 and place that
into another cell, and retain the data once it is populated.
--
Robb

Dave Peterson

Excel retain data and date

=date(a1,b1,c1)
=date(yearcell, monthcell, daycell)
Give it a custom format of
dddd, dd mmmm yyyy

You may want to even check first:

=if(count(a1,b1,c1)<3,"",date(a1,b1,c1))