-   -   Make enter key return to first column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60361-make-enter-key-return-first-column.html)

Make enter key return to first column

I am wanting to be able to press the enter key from any cell and have it go
down one row and over to column "A" . If it matters the document is
protected.
This is with Excel 2003.

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Make enter key return to first column

You could use an event macro:

Option Explicit
Me.Cells(Target.Row + 1, "A").Select

If you want to read more about these kinds of events:

Chip Pearson's site:

David McRitchie's site:

--

Dave Peterson