-   -   Copy Excel sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60338-copy-excel-sheets.html)

ksr

Copy Excel sheets

I have excels sheets for 2005 that I would like to keep the format and
formula and move them to 2006. I would like to copy without having to setup
all the excel sheets again for the new year. Have a workbook that would have
approx. 45 sheets with formulas and etc. I would like to keep formulas and
format. When I copy I get all values formula and format. I try to clear
contents. It clears all information.
--
karenr

Bernie Deitrick

Copy Excel sheets

Karen,

On each sheet, select all the cells and use Edit / Go To... Special Constants and pick your
type (numbers, likely). Exclude text to leave any labels alone. Then press Delete, and your old
entered data should be cleared, leaving formulas, labels, and formatting.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP