-   -   Setting up royalty payments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60233-setting-up-royalty-payments.html)

NTaylor

Setting up royalty payments

I need to figure out how to get an excel sheet showing calculated royalty
dues to artists (and put into a letter). I know how to mail merge, but I
have to calculate some stuff first. The excel db that our (crappy) database
exports to me is like:

ITEM# Qty QtySold Price
T0897 50 1 $25
T0897 100 1 $40
T0992 50 2 $50
T0992 100 1 $40

Then I need it to calculate for EACH product (not every qty) into a letter.
Also, for some items, the artist is paid per qtysold, other times it is per
price. Also, we have about 25 different artists!

How I need the letter to show:

TO: Artist Jane Doe
ITEM Qty QtySold Price Rate Royalty
T0887 150 2 $65 $.05/ea $7.50
T0992 150 3 $90 $.05/per$1 $4.50

Ahh! Too much data. Please help. Maybe I need Access??
--
Nicki Taylor