-   -   How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60211-how-do-i-change-default-location-when-saving-email-attachment.html)

Bob from Bristol

How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment

When saving an Excel file that I opened from an Email attachment, I want to
be able to change the default file folder to save the file in. In Outlook, I
am able to change only the default file folder for attachments that are not
yet opened. Once the file is opened in Excel (or Word), the default folder
is still the original folder name. So far, I have not been able to find a
way to change this default folder name.

Dave Peterson

How do I change the default location when saving Email attachment

I don't think you can change this behavior for just email attachments.

But Jim Rech posted this:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...188 ff2f81ee6

or

http://snipurl.com/kr74

That shows a way to modify the SaveAs behavior for all File|SaveAs.

--

Dave Peterson