-   -   IF statement maybe? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/60117-if-statement-maybe.html)

whodey

IF statement maybe?

Here's my problem....I want to assign values to a formulas outcome to be
ranked in ascending or descending values. For instance:

Cell F4= 5000
Cell G4= F4/365 (formula outcome= 13.698)

Cell F5= 20000
Cell G5= F5/365 (formula outcome= 54.795)

Cell F6= 7000
Cell G6= F6/365 (formula outcome= 19.178)

etc, etc, etc....

Is there a way I can program Excel to assign 1 to the cell F5 series, 2
to the cell F6 series, and 3 to the cell F4 series such that cells F11
through 13 would show 1, 3, and 2 based on the rankings of the G
columns outcome?

If that doesn't make sense let me know...thanks in advance for any help
that can be provided.

--
whodey
whodey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29596

whodey

IF statement maybe?

I read that post and it sounded confusing. Here's the goal:

A3= 9
B3= 15
C3= 25
D3= 4

How can I get Excel to show:

H3= 2 (2 assigned to the 3rd number in the group)
I3= 3 (3 assigned to the 2nd highest value in the group)
J3= 4 (4 assigned to the highest value in the group)
K3= 1 (1 assigned to the lowest value in the group)

I don't believe an IF statement can accomplish this as I've tried a
million different ways with no luck. Again, I appreciate any help that
can be provided. Thanks.

--
whodey
whodey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492977

Stefi

IF statement maybe?

Enter in F11:
=RANK(G4,G$4:G$6,1)

and fill down to F13

Regards,
Stefi

€žwhodey€ť ezt Ă*rta:

[...]

In cell H3:
=RANK(A3,$A3:$D3,1)

and fill to the right until column K!

Regards,
Stefi

€žwhodey€ť ezt Ă*rta:

[...]

Thanks Stefi, you're a life saver. For future reference, if I wanted to
reverse the rankings so that the highest number is 1 instead of 4, how
would I do that?

Again, your help is very much appreciated.

--
whodey
whodey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492977

Stefi

IF statement maybe?

Omit or change to 0 the third argument (see Help on RANK function, or click
on the = sign at the left side of the formula bar):
=RANK(A3,$A3:$D3)
=RANK(A3,$A3:$D3,0)

Regards,
Stefi